Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day '09

I made her waffles with fresh strawberries
dousing the fruit in the last of the cinnamon syrup
I grilled chicken-apple sausage and eggs,
started the coffee but she made her own cup

After the dishes
I watered the plants, called the wife
put on another pot of coffee
we sat on the couches
and I talked about modern literature
its supposed difference from visual art
the idea of
being told a story
vs.
being relayed a sentiment
and how both have the same effect in the end

She talked about rejection
conspiring ex-bosses
men & women
society

I told her she shouldn’t doubt
her own worth
which means knowing
you aren’t doing anything wrong
so everyone’s reactions to you
are reactions to something good
and it don’t seem right
that so many people
would run away from such a good thing
but its true,
it’s always been true.

I’ve said this so many times now
that I’m all out of new ways to convey it
that don’t bore the hell out of me

We had 4 apples and an orange
sitting in the fruitbowl
I said it’s a lot like that
she asked,
“Which one am I?”
laughing

No comments:

Post a Comment