Thursday, May 28, 2009

Anthologies of Poetry

Everybody I know has problems,
most of them are with themselves
I’ve got them too, I know that, I’m not special
Nobody I know is a Robot
though I know they’re out there
You can hear them humming
I don’t hum

I had to stop to play with the dog
we wear each other out like linen
we both come in here to the stereo loud
and she chases her tail, rolls around on her back,
chews her back feet and basically wigs out on the floor
and I wig out on white sheets
scribbling, scribbling

I don’t hum
though I’m certain I look plenty dead
I’m less a Robot than a Zombie
but my intentions are clear
I’m vulnerable to high blows
and as of yet, by the looks of you, I aint multiplying
You can’t say the same damn thing about Robots, can you?

Just so you understand me,
you & I are on the same team here
same goals in the long run
so in that, we share an eventual fate,
a step of yours is a step of mine

It’s safe to say that I’m going to take the easy way out
and not give a shit about something inconsequential
I aint bout to shoot us in the collective foot

Life aint that much different than War
treason don’t do anybody any good
So let your guns cool, it’s safe, we’re safe here

1 comment:

  1. The greatest mystery
    is not that we have been flung at random
    between the profusion of matter
    and of the stars,
    but that within this prison
    we can draw from ourselves
    images powerful enough
    to deny our nothingness.
    -Andre Malraux

    French author
    & resistance leader
    (1901 - 1976)

    ReplyDelete