Saturday, May 9, 2009

Go See a Movie

Catching the sunset
been sitting on my ass all day
running errands
running errands
ain’t quite the right phrase for it
but going here & there
buying things,
some necessary,
others not so much

An iced tea at the gas station
put me down damnear two dollars
rubber toy for the dog
seven bucks
I’m told
some part of this
is supposed to be priceless

Anyway
these days getting things done
always seem to start so late
and I never feel as though
I get a moment of time out in public
too busy,
making transactions,
waiting in line,
bubbled in the A/C
and radio transmissions

I should go see a movie or something
sit alone in the dark
be told a story
walk out into the night
and not say a word to anybody about it
It’d be good for me to get out for awhile

I think most songs you hear
are more about dreams
than any of us assume

I only dream before I fall asleep
and just as I am waking up
I don’t daydream hardly ever
and to my knowledge
I have never dreamt
in the depths of the night
and no one in my dreams
has ever seemed strange to me
I recognize and identify every one
right at the get-go
sometimes though
it doesn’t matter

I couldn’t tell you if it’s new
it’s all I can do to remember
but its right like the hummingbird
hovering between your cupped hands
hearts-a-racing
captive to a future impulse

Untouchable again
every time I close my eyes
guns, dogs, & drums
perfect in practice
but terrible in execution

Hummingbirds
horrible in size
& volatility
hovering

No comments:

Post a Comment