Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Maxims for the use of our Modern Elderly

My forehead is a lot bigger these days,
but it don’t mean my brain’s gotten any larger.

You won’t believe me,
but I remember this all happening before.

I know my welfare
is of no concern to congress,
but it matters to me,
nonetheless.

Rosy lips don’t mean much these days.

I’m a miracle of modern medicine,
the prized stallion of a multi-million dollar industry.

I don’t fear being put down for a lame leg.

I am in the garden of my life,
I can see the sun from wherever I can stand.

Fuck You, I’m taking the Bus!

I look at the TV,
I watch the news,
I don’t know who any of these people are,
I don’t know how they got there.

I already know who’s going to miss me,
when I’m gone.

2 comments:

  1. how does it feel
    to have already been missed
    as if you were gone
    given up for dead
    or lost
    or misplaced.

    money often fails to retrieve
    things that have real value.
    like lovers lives
    and livelihoods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think of all liberty
    as liberty from uncertainty
    & all trappings of man
    as trappings of ignorance

    ReplyDelete