Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Chris Deckard, I Was Wrong

The house is so cramped you can’t get an inch to yourself
I spent 10 minutes thinking about
how to best arrange a table & chair
to appear as inviting as a home office
& second-guessed whether or not it was even necessary

I’ve found the best way to communicate an idea is through demonstration
You can try and talk it out, but the imagination has limits,
a lot of people can’t handle the hypothetical them
or their theoretical selves,
so you can’t get very far trying to explain them through any thing

I think organization
is putting the effort before the execution
every time

2 comments:

  1. the dog can turn around twice
    to lick her ass
    and i can't even take a step
    without hitting furniture
    600 sq feet is smaller than
    a boot box i used to have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to live in a studio apartment
    550 sq ft
    You walked into a hallway
    consisting of the kitchen's back wall
    on your left
    and the bathroom to your right
    into a room no bigger than
    300 sq ft
    with a closet
    right of the room's opening
    and a kitchen you could only just
    turn yourself around in
    I put a single bed in the corner
    a round wooden table and four chairs
    right of center
    and a desk in the other corner
    turned all cockeyed
    to accomodate the lamp and the stereo

    Down the hall
    there was a bunch of LSD punks
    holding coven
    4, sometimes 5 of them, and a dog

    They used to sit outside my door,
    while I wrote songs with an old friend
    they told us they did, in the hallway

    I went over there only once
    we all sat around in a circle
    on pillows
    in an empty room
    lit by a desklamp on the floor
    they were on something
    I felt out of place
    went home, had a drink at the table,
    smoked a couple of cigarettes
    flicking the butts into the alley
    and went to bed

    ReplyDelete