Sunday, March 29, 2009

The snobbish way I talk about bands that I like when I've been drinking

I like bands that make E.P.s
I don’t care how long they are
they can make a mockery of the format
for all I care
but keep us up to date on your progress.
Your artists first right?
We want every step to be documented
they don’t have to be extraordinary
we know you have deep dark projects
bubbling around in there
give us a taste.
I think singles need to be taken back
from the unartful radio cock jockeys
and given back to the artists
Single statements with a reverse side
Tiny testaments onto themselves.
Go back and listen to those old singles
they were like snapshot manifestos.
And you see it too, good artists are doing
the right thing.
Get the music out to the people,
fuck the holiday shopping seasons
fuck them
fuck corporate hatched conventional wisdom
man
All I’m saying is
bands are back to the big questions.
They’re putting everything under the microscope again
and they’re singing to you
all about what they’ve seen in there
and they choose to make it beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment