Thursday, March 26, 2009

I've met women on the internet



Some of them, I talked to for hours
Some of them, I aint never even heard their voice.
I might've wanted to fuck their brains out everynight that I knew them
and some nights when I didn't,
but I never wanted to meet a goddamned one of them,
not really.

And they still always go too damn far,
even when there are no lines drawn,
just an unclassifiable communication between
far distant bodies speculating over the point
of whether there is any reason to do it in the first place.

Even then
it still slips into the strangest places.

I used to fight one of them all the time,
always attempting to persuade her into
living in the right now
because the heads & tails of it is & always has been
the fact that
nobody can actually live anywhere else.





1 comment: